Already own an AquaTru and can’t find your question and answer below? No problem! Download a copy of the manual here. The manual includes all required operation information as well as a detailed troubleshooting section.
- How long do the filters last?
- The dual function pre-filter will last six months. The Reverse Osmosis filter will last two years or 1200 gallons, whichever comes first. The final carbon VOC filter will last one year or 600 gallons, whichever comes first. To check slight differences on filter life for previous models, click here.
- How much do the filters cost?
- The Dual Function Pre-filter is $19.95 plus S&P; the Reverse Osmosis filter is $49.95 plus S&P; the final carbon VOC filter is $29.95 plus S&P.
- Can AquaTru filter lake water or well water?
- AquaTru is designed to filter municipal water. Although the RO membrane will filter out micro-organisms and pathogens, it is not recommended for lake, stream or well water.
- How much water does AquaTru hold?
- The tap water tank holds about a gallon of water. The clean water tank holds about 3 quarts of purified water.
- How quickly does AquaTru work?
- AquaTru purifies a gallon of water in 12 to 15 minutes.
- Does AquaTru remove Fluoride?
- AquaTru removes more than 90% of fluoride.
- Does AquaTru produce alkaline water?
- AquaTru is designed to turn tap water, into pure, bottled water quality water. It is not intended to impact the PH of water. Rain Water, which is nature’s original water has a neutral PH of 7. Depending on the unique properties of your tap water, the purified AquaTru water may have a neutral PH or fall in a PH range above or below that (normally from 5 – 8). Some people have a preference for Alkaline water and use a device to boost the PH above 7. Some people prefer their water slightly acidic and add lemon or lime to their water which will reduce the PH of water below 7. There is no scientific evidence favoring any particular PH of water. The important thing is that the water should be pure and free of harmful contaminants.
- Does AquaTru require Electricity?
- AquaTru operates off a 120 volt AC wall plug and uses about $2.00 of electricity a year.
- Can I purchase an extra clean water containers?
- Yes, additional containers are available for sale on the website.
- Is the Plastic in AquaTru safe?
- AquaTru uses Tritan plastic, the same BPA & BPS free plastic used in best-selling health products like Nutri-Bullet and Vita Mix. Tritan has been tested at universities and independent third-party labs and the results have overwhelmingly demonstrated that it is safe and free of estrogenic and androgenic activity. If you prefer to avoid all plastics, you can simply transfer the purified water into a glass pitcher after the filtering process.
- What is the mineral content of AquaTru water?
- AquaTru purifies the water using 4-stage reverse osmosis, the same type of purification used by all the major water brands to create pure drinking water. AquaTru creates low TDS (total dissolved solids/minerals) water similar to rain water.
Most North Americans prefer low TDS water since it has the “cleanest” taste. If a person wants to increase the mineral content of AquaTru water (to make high TDS/mineral water) we sell a natural ionic mineral concentrate on our website.
- What does AquaTru remove?
- According to the EPA there are up to 7500 contaminants found in tap water. Out of these 7500 the EPA has identified 600 that they believe may represent a public health concern.Despite this, the EPA currently regulates less than 100 contaminants. There are three types of contaminants in water: organic and inorganic chemicals and biological contaminants. AquaTru believes that there should be virtually no contaminants in your tap water and was designed to give you the highest level of security about your water quality. For this reason, AquaTru uses the same multi-stage reverse osmosis technology used by all the major water brands to create pristine water. There is no other counter top water purifier that does not require plumbing that has this. The reverse osmosis filter effectively removes inorganic contaminants and biological contaminants while the VOC carbon block filter removes organic contaminants. Although it is commercially impossible to independently test AquaTru’s ability to remove 7500 (or more potential contaminants), AquaTru has begun testing the most common and potentially harmful ones. The testing is being conducted by IAPMO (http://www.iapmo.org), one of only three laboratories in the country accepted by the stringent California standards. To see our current test results, click on this link. As we are continually testing new contaminants, this list will be updated from time to time.
- What countries is AquaTru available in?
- Although AquaTru’s universal 24 volt adaptor will work anywhere in the world at this time AquaTru is only available for sale in the United States and Canada.
- Do you ship to Canada?
- Yes. When filling out the order form, please make sure you choose Canada and put the space between the 6 digits, otherwise it will not accept your Canadian Zip Code.
- Can I become a distributor?
- If you would like to distribute AquaTru, please send along any information about your company including your company name, other products you distribute, some references and preferred contact information and our VP of International Sales will contact you.
- Can I get a bigger water tank?
- Not at this time. AquaTru was designed to be easy to use so we chose 1 gallon of water to make it easy to lift and move, say to the refrigerator, or wherever you decide to dispense your water from. The good news is that since AquaTru purifies so quickly, you can easily make multiple gallons per day. Additionally, you can also purchase a second clean water container so that water is always being filtered on the unit while the other container is being used for pouring or dispensing.
- Does the first set of filters come with the AquaTru or do we have to purchase separately?
- The first set of filters comes with your purchase of the AquaTru water purification system.
- What are the dimensions of the AquaTru?
- 14″ Tall x 14″ Deep x 12″ Wide
35.56 cm Tall x 35.56 cm Deep x 30.48cm Wide
- What are the dimensions of the clean water tank?
- 7.75″ Tall x 5.75″ Wide x 9.625″ Deep.
19.69 cm Tall x 14.61cm Wide x 24.45cm Deep
- How much does the AquaTru weigh?
- 16 pounds.
- What minerals are in the AquaTru Perfect Minerals?
- Statement of Elements/Minerals
If your question has not been answered, please enter it here, and we will promptly get back to you with an answer.
For all models other than the AT2000 (our most recent model): The dual function pre-filter will last six months. The Reverse Osmosis filter will last two years or 1400 gallons, whichever comes first. The final carbon VOC filter will last one year or 800 gallons, whichever comes first.